Three nutritionists from Malaysia’s Alpro Pharmacy have come together to create healthier versions of much-loved Malaysian breakfast dishes.
Without much further ado, here are the recipes:
Roti ‘Wholemeal’ Sarang Burung (Bird’s Nest)
2 slices of wholemeal bread
1 whole egg
1 teaspoon of butter
1 slice of cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons of boiled chicken
1 teaspoon of holland onion
1 teaspoon of capsicum
1 teaspoon of tomato
1 teaspoon of button mushroom
Pinch of salt
Black pepper powder
- Dice the holland onion, capsicum, tomato, and mushroom.
- Shred the chicken.
- Mix Ingredients B in a bowl.
- Mix Ingredients C with Ingredients B and mix well.
- Spread butter on the bread.
- With butter side up, place the slices of bread in a cup, making sure to cover the bottom entirely and allowing the bread corners to extend above the rims. Use a spoon the press to make the bird’s nest shape.
- Pour the mixed ingredients onto the bread.
- Put cheese on top.
- Crack the egg into the cup.
- Bake the bread at 150 C – 160 C for 3-5 minutes (in an air fryer)
500gms thosai flour
6 cups of water
2 scoops of metabolic sauver
1 teaspoon of metabolic virgin coconut oil
1. Mix the thosai flour with the six cups of water. Mix well and allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Stir the batter until it reaches pouring consistency.
3. Add 2 scoops of metabolic sauver.
4. Heat a pan and grease it with a little bit of metabolic virgin coconut oil.
5. Using a serving spoon, pick up a spoonful of batter and pour it at the center of the pan. Spread the batter quickly with the serving spoon. Note that the batter should not touch the edges of the pan.
6. Trickle a bit of metabolic virgin coconut oil around the edges.
7. When the edges begin to brown, flip the batter.
8. Let it cook for around 1 minute.
9. After one minute, your thosai is ready to be consumed.
Kolo Mee (Chicken)
Cite this article:
Published by Asia Fitness Today, “A Healthier Twist to Malaysia’s Favourite Local Dishes”, Authored by: Alpro Pharmacy, URL: https://www.asiafitnesstoday.com/a-healthier-twist-to-malaysias-favorite-local-dishes/, first published on 27 August 2021.