AsiaFitnessToday.com presents The Kurang Manis (Sugar, Less) Podcast, a different take on health & fitness with personalities from Asia and the Pacific.
We meet athletes, medical doctors, allied health professionals, the fitness and wellness world — you, perhaps? Join co-hosts Nikki Yeo and Jasmine Low and bring your cuppa tea! In Malaysia, it’s the Teh Tarik, made frothy by swift hand movements of a tea-pulling expert but 8tsp of condensed milk?! Kurang manis, boss! Sugar, less please…
Kurang Manis won a Motion Picture Association APAC script-to-screen prize (see credits below).
Like this podcast?
- Subscribe and receive updates directly to your inbox.
- Share this podcast with someone.
- Follow us on social media:
PODCAST AVAILABLE ON MOST PLATFORMS
APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCASTS | TUNEIN
- [Korean Version] 덜 단 The Kurang Manis (Sugar,Less) Podcast by AsiaFitnessToday.comHello 2022! We welcome the new year with a special Korean podcast version of highlights from Season 1 of The Kurang Manis (Sugar, Less) Podcast, voiced by four students of one of South Korea’s oldest private universities, Chosun University in Gwangju. The students were mentored by podcast co-hosts Nikki Yeo […]
- AFT Interviews: Dentist Dr. YokeLi Ling on crooked teeth, sleep disorders and systemic healthOral myofunctional therapy and dental sleep medicine for both children and adults. Team AFT met with Dr. YokeLi Ling, a dentist based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 20 March 2021. What ensued is a chat between The Kurang Manis (Sugar, Less) Podcast co-hosts Jasmine Low & Nikki Yeo with the […]
- AFT Interviews: Dr. James Muecke AM Australian of the Year 2020 wants to put diabetes in remissionListen to the full interview on The Kurang Manis Podcast, Season 1, Episode 7 Type 2 Diabetes could be put into remission, says opthalmologist Dr. James Muecke AM. Almost as soon as he was named Australian of the Year 2020, Dr. Muecke started advocating for the implementation of a tax […]
- AFT Interviews: World Vision’s Marilee Pierce Dunker#RunForChildren in 2021 is a 42-minute virtual run to raise awareness and advocate for the 42 rights of children. The World Vision Virtual #RunforChildren is back! Author and World Vision Ambassador Marilee Pierce Dunker is daughter to American missionary Dr Robert Pierce who founded World Vision in 1950 when he returned to […]
- AFT Interviews: Malaysia’s “biggest” comedian Papi Zak: high uric acid got your tongue?We captured some curious questions from Malaysia’s “biggest” standup comedian and debut wrestler, Papi Zak (www.thepapizak.com), to Australia’s gastroenterologist and Instagram educator Dr. Pran Yoganathan (IG @dr_pran_yoganathan) – he spoke with us on Episode 3. Dr. Pran elaborates on the expensive tissue hypothesis (ETH) which relates brain and gut size […]
- AFT Interviews: Dr. Pran Yoganathan Gastroenterologist and passionate educator uses IG memes to drive understanding on satietyGastroenterologist and hepatologist based in Sydney, Dr. Pran Yoganathan is an extremely passionate educator, a Mathematician-turned doctor who aims to empower his patients with data that can help them on a journey of self-healing using the philosophy of “let food be thy medicine”. Dr. Pran who has innovatively harnessed creative […]
- AFT Interviews: Dr. Desmond Menon on genes & if we’re predisposed to diseases of our parentsTeam AsiaFitnessToday.com speaks with medical lab scientist and founder of R3Gen Dr. Desmond Menon based in Perth, Western Australia. Dr. Menon consults on medical and sports medicine projects, but what’s most interesting was his early days as a researcher, where he was his own experiment. Growing up as a kid […]
- AFT Interviews: Nicol David, The World Games Greatest Athlete of All Time, G.O.A.T.Livestreamed Interview with Datuk Nicol David, World No. 1 Squash Champion, named The World Games Greatest Athlete of All Time. The Malaysian retired professional squash player is currently in her second base Colombia, South America and met with Asia Fitness Today co-hosts Nikki Yeo in Kuala Lumpur and Jasmine Low […]
- The Kurang Manis (Sugar, Less) PodcastBahasa Malaysia AsiaFitnessToday.com presents The Kurang Manis (Sugar, Less) Podcast featuring interviews with sports, fitness & wellness personalities from Asia and the Pacific. A documentary, “Redifussion-inspired”, raw as can be chit chat show with athletes, medical doctors, allied health professionals, the fitness & wellness world – could it be you, […]
Subscribe, and never miss free access to premium content, early access to live streamed interviews and more!
Asia Fitness Today is on a mission; MISSION 2030 — to halve NCD rates in the Asia Pacific region by 2030 read about the silent pandemic… Kurang Manis is an impact project that sets out to provide educational entertainment to the general public. If you like what we do, please help to share our podcast and website on social media or with someone you know and care about so we can perpetuate ripples of awareness in the community. It begins with a whisper, a drop in the ocean and slowly, change can happen. It begins with us.
KURANG MANIS is a documentary-in-the-making and was first awarded a special prize at the 2019 Script-to-Screen Workshop Malaysia co-organised by Motion Picture Association – Asia Pacific, Wildsnapper TV & FINAS with judges, U-Wei Bin Haji Saari, Stephen Jenner & Jason van Genderen and guided by filmmaker Tan Chui Mui. A production by Asiafitnesstoday.com, co-produced by Jasmine Low & Nikki Yeo, filmmaker mentor Jules Ong, sound engineering mentor Werner Theunissen, technical engineer Rod Morri of Sydney Podcast Studios.
The Kurang Manis Podcast is created, written, produced & co-hosted by Nikki Yeo in Kuala Lumpur & Jasmine Low in Sydney – two everyday people who just want to make a change in the world starting with themselves.
Read more about KURANG MANIS impact documentary project here.
Buy a custom TEE TARIK in support of the podcast. Lots of other gift ideas and designs too!
Small bites, large strides!
Except where otherwise noted, © GoInternationalGroup.com on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.